Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in a sanitary and timely manner to provide a positive dining experience
• Ensures a quality product is prepared and served according to designated recipes and quality
standards in a timely and efficient manner.
• May be assigned to the grill, line, banquet or other kitchen stations as needed throughout a shift.
• Sets up and organizes work area, preparing food products as directed prior to service.
• Practices correct food handling, sanitation, and storage procedures at all times.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by kitchen management.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Responsible for the breakdown of kitchen stations, including labeling, dating products, and storing
food properly at the end of each shift.
• Assists with the sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and storage areas.
• Ensures that all closing procedures are complete, cooking equipment is turned off, and kitchen is
secure at the end of the shift.
• Assists in all areas of culinary operations as requested by management.
• Performs related duties as requested by a manager at any time.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Previous line cook experience required.
• Two to three years of culinary experience in a fast paced restaurant or hotel preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. College training in culinary arts is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests and staff verbally and in written form.
• Must possess basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures required.
• Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Ability to work well as a team.
• Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
**Applicants will be subject to a cooking practical with the Executive Chef.**