The Guest Services department provides exceptional service and a positive impression of the resort by
building memorable connections with all guests. This department has a direct impact on the overall
guest experience, and is responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction for the entire duration of a guest’s
In this highly visible role, the Bell person is responsible for providing a positive first and last impression
of the resort. S/he regularly interacts with guests, assisting with luggage as needed. This is a tipped
Essential Job Functions:
• Opens doors and assist guests entering and leaving the property.
• Assists visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting with loading/unloading luggage.
• Identifies and explains room features to guests, such as use of room key and vending areas.
• Offers directions and arranges for transportation; operates the company vehicle as directed.
• Maintains knowledge of all hotel services and local activities to respond to inquiries accurately.
• Ensures that all guest contact is courteous, informative, and thorough.
• Resolves guest issues and escalates any unresolved matters to management.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent with career interest in the hospitality field is preferred.
• Previous experience in a similar position preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests and staff verbally and in written form.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to show proof of a clean driving record.
• Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds, as well as, be able to push and pull carts and
luggage weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ocean Place Resort & Spa in Long Branch, New Jersey offers a one of a kind experience for travelers seeking an easy destination getaway. Just one hour south of Manhattan by car, train or ferry, the resort offers the ultimate getaway with panoramic Atlantic views set beach front on the New Jersey coast.
The resort features 256, spacious South Beach inspired guest rooms. Newly redesigned, The Spa at Ocean Place features a variety of ocean-inspired treatments. Top notch amenities include a new indoor and outdoor pool, heated soaking tub, fitness center, convenience store, business center, & seasonal private beach access with towel, chair and umbrella service. SeaView Restaurant & Lounge offers chef crafted coastal cuisine with stunning views. The resort boasts over 100,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor event space, for weddings and corporate events alike. Combining the location & amenities offered with impeccable service makes Ocean Place Resort & Spa the most sought after destination on the Atlantic Coast.
Drug Free Enviroment