The Steward will be responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, restaurant equipment and utensils in a clean and orderly condition.
• Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the dish room, kitchen, cafeteria, and other areas as directed.
• Responsible for assisting in a variety of food service and clean-up activities for all kitchen areas.
• Transfers supplies between storage and work areas. Assists in unpacking and storing food.
• Sweeps, mops, and cleans kitchen equipment including refrigerator, racks, work tables, etc.
• Performs related duties as requested by a manager at any time.
• High School Diploma preferred.
• Job related experience in a similar setting preferred.
• Working knowledge of chemicals, cleaning supplies, and technique/equipment required.
•Must be able to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand for extended periods to perform normal job functions.
• Must be able to work safely with cleaning chemicals.
Drug Free Environment