The Culinary department provides top dining and culinary experiences for our restaurant and banquet
guests by preparing exceptional food that is consistent and memorable. The Culinary team’s main goal is
to ensure that our guests will always enjoy a remarkable dining experience.
The Culinary Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in a sanitary and timely manner
to provide a positive dining experience.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures a quality product is prepared and served according to designated recipes and quality
standards in a timely and efficient manner.
• May be assigned to the grill, line, banquet or other kitchen stations as needed throughout a shift.
• Sets up and organizes work area, preparing food products as directed prior to service.
• Practices correct food handling, sanitation, and storage procedures at all times.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by kitchen management.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Responsible for the breakdown of kitchen stations, including labeling, dating products, and storing
food properly at the end of each shift.
• Assists with the sanitation and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and storage areas.
• Ensures that all closing procedures are complete, cooking equipment is turned off, and kitchen is
secure at the end of the shift.
• Assists in all areas of culinary operations as requested by management.
• Performs related duties as requested by a manager at any time
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Previous line cook experience required.
• Two to three years of culinary experience in a fast paced restaurant or hotel preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. College training in culinary arts is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests and staff verbally and in written form.
• Must possess basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures required.
• Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
• Ability to work well as a team.
• Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ocean Place Resort & Spa in Long Branch, New Jersey offers a one of a kind experience for travelers seeking an easy destination getaway. Just one hour south of Manhattan by car, train or ferry, the resort offers the ultimate getaway with panoramic Atlantic views set beach front on the New Jersey coast.
The resort features 256, spacious South Beach inspired guest rooms. Newly redesigned, The Spa at Ocean Place features a variety of ocean-inspired treatments. Top notch amenities include a new indoor and outdoor pool, heated soaking tub, fitness center, convenience store, business center, & seasonal private beach access with towel, chair and umbrella service. SeaView Restaurant & Lounge offers chef crafted coastal cuisine with stunning views. The resort boasts over 100,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor event space, for weddings and corporate events alike. Combining the location & amenities offered with impeccable service makes Ocean Place Resort & Spa the most sought after destination on the Atlantic Coast.
Drug Free Enviroment